Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fun With the Family!

Our trip back to the States involved a LOT of miles on the car and LOTS of smiles on our faces!  We were able to spend time with Kris' parents, my parents, our brothers and sisters, nieces, cousins, grandparents, and some pretty awesome friends!  
We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather for most of our trip.  So, the kids spent many hours in Grandma and Grandpa's pool.  We were all excited about the fact that Garytt (who could barely keep his nose above water when standing on his tippy toes during Summer 2012) but, now he could stand with his feet flat on the bottom and his chin cleared the water by about half an inch or so!




 The kids also got to spend time by a campfire several nights.  S'MORES!!!!

And....LOTS of play time with M O R G A N!!!  Spending time with our puppy was pretty awesome!  She and Garytt had a good time playing, most of the time.  She had to put him in his place a few times when he got a little carried away with the wrestling.   

 On one of my {m.a.n.y.} trips down to Brookhaven I dropped Morgan off at the train station in Jackson then as I was headed back to the interstate I happened to drive by the state capital building...impressive!  I couldn't pass up a chance to get out and take pictures of the beautiful building.

After a little over a week in Mississippi, I decided to take a trip to Delaware to visit friends and family BY MYSELF!  I left the two little ones in MS with Grandma and Grandpa while I headed out on my own.  I gotta say...it was a little weird being able to do what I wanted when I wanted to do it.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself...almost...

I made it to Felton/Viola Thursday evening and then Friday I got to go hang out with friends...YAY!!!








I got to spend Mother's Day with my mom for the first time in YEARS!  Mom and I went shopping and had a nice time just hanging out.  I was also able to spend several afternoons with my Lil Sis.  {sideways ice cream cone}  And, I spent time shopping with Skyler, then watching Abbey and Kasidey play ball.  My dad and I got to have a fabulous chat...and, dinner at Pizzadili's.  I also go to spend time at Felton Fire Dpt...a place a spent many many days as a kid.  And, my dad got me some very yummy chicken salad to take home and have all to myself (well, aside from the spoon my sneaky sister stole when I wasn't looking).

 I was pretty excited that on my way back to Mississippi I got to make a slight detour and spend the night with my cousin, Amanda.

So, after my week in Delaware and a quick visit to Tennessee,  I was back in Mississippi.  I spent several days visiting dear friends and preparing for Morgan's graduation.  Once graduation was done and we packed our bags again, we were headed back up north.

We got to spend several more days in Delaware. this time the kids were able to spend a lot of time with the family and friends.  We are so grateful to have the time to visit with everyone.  And, {YAY} we got to meet the newest member to our little group of friends... Beccy!  So happy for you Joshua!

 Washing the car with Pop Pop.
I am so glad we were able to spend a great afternoon with Carie and her girls.  A visit with Carie is always on my list when we make it home.  We have been great friends for quite a while and it does my soul a world of good to sit down and catch up whenever we make it back.  The kids spent the evening playing in the sprinkler, swinging, catching frogs, and jumping on the trampoline.  Fabulous day!!!

 The cousin reunion was something to behold!  I wish I had my camera rolling when Abbey first came home....Mackenzie was in the dining room and Abbey got off the bus then came in the front door.  Abbey squealed, "Mackenzie!" and Mackenzie squealed, "Abbey!" and they ran across the house to each other, at which point, Mackenzie leaped into Abbey's arms.  It was a marvelous moment!

 While Kris and Morgan were in Delaware (just a friday night, Saturday, and brief Sunday morning), they went car shopping.  We bought Morgan her first car!  Kris and Morgan held off their departure Sunday morning long enough to have a chance for us to see his Uncle Todd, Aunt Colleen, Aiden, Declan, Morgan, and Teagan before they spent the day at Dover Downs for Race Sunday.

Before Kris and Mo left, I got the kids in line and got a shot for my books...I've taken this very shot every year at Christmas since the year Garytt was born.  I had to substitute a picture of Morgan last Christmas, so I made sure to get the shot this time.  Too bad Garytt wasn't cooperating.


 Sadly, we had to say our goodbyes, kisses and hugs, and lots of tears...but oh so thankful for the time we were able to spend with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment